Jeb Burton is the managing principal of The Burton Law Firm. Jeb's legal career is focused in the areas of Business, Tax, Trust/Estate and International Law. He is specifically knowledgeable and experienced in the areas of Advanced Estate and Tax Planning (both domestic and international), Business/Investment Structure and Governance, Exit Planning, Asset Protection, as well as Business Succession Planning.
Jeb is admitted to practice law in the State of California, and he is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California. He received his Juris Doctorate from King Hall at the University of California, Davis. He accomplished his undergraduate and graduate studies at the University of the Pacific in Stockton.
Jeb has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He was named in Sacramento Magazine’s “Top Lawyer” list for both the areas of Estate Planning and Tax Law for 2015 and 2016. He has been named a Five Star Wealth Manager and has held a perfect 10 rating by AVVO.com for over 5 years.
Over the course of his practice, Jeb has represented a wide variety of clients on diverse and challenging issues. Jeb’s services range from developing estate, tax and business planning for local business owners to advising executives at Fortune 500 companies with domestic and international concerns. He routinely speaks locally and nationally to Attorneys, CPAs and other professionals in the areas of tax, business succession, international law and estate planning.
Jeb currently serves as the President of the Sacramento Estate Planning Council, Chair of the West Sacramento Chamber of Commerce, and Northern California Forum Leader for Wealth Counsel. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the California State Bar Association. He is also a member of the Sacramento County Bar Association, including a variety of sections within that organization. He previously served as Chair of the Tax Section. He also the past Chair and First District Commissioner for the Yolo County Planning Commission, where he served for 8 years.
Jeb is a member of the West Sacramento Rotary, and on the board of several non-profits including the West Sacramento Foundation. Jeb and the Burton Law Firm are also members of the Rancho Cordova Chamber of Commerce, the Roseville Chamber of Commerce, and the West Sacramento Chamber of Commerce, where he currently serves as Chairman of the Board.
On a personal note; Jeb is happily married, a proud father of two, and lives in West Sacramento. He is a dedicated traveler and an avid collector of fine wines.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Tax Law
- Business Law
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Juris Doctorate
- University of the Pacific , Stockton
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Business Law, Taxation, Real Property Law, and Trusts and Estates sections, Member
- American Bar Association , Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Tax Section, Past Chair
- Sacramento Estate Planning Council (SEPC), Member
- Sacramento Estate Planning Council (SEPC), Wealth Counsel, Technical Forum Chair
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Yolo County Planning Commission , Chair and First District Commissioner
- West Sacramento Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Sutter Health Heritage Advisors Board
- Roseville Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Metro (Sacramento) Chamber of Commerce, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of the West Sacramento Rotary
- Member of Rotary International